Monday, March 16, 2009

Just a little something I HAVE to share...

So this past week was spring break for me. It was pretty laid back which was actually really nice and inexpensive. I didn't go anywhere special besides home, which is special to me. Sometimes its really nice to go home and just chill and visit with family and friends. Besides sleeping in and enjoying my time with friends I had the regular 6 month dentist check up. Now for me a dentist check up is usually followed not to many days later with a cavity filling. In this case it was three. Ouch, oh well better than the time I had six in one sitting! Anyways I know what your thinking, this kid doesn't brush his teeth. Not True. More than likely I brush more than you. Yeah thats right I said it. I brush and floss 3 times a day. Followed by 2 cycles of fluoride brushing and rinsing. Not my favorite part of the day but I have to get it done. 

I had a wonderful spring break though besides the fillings. I got to hang out with my brother who I don't get to see very often. I also had a great time hanging out with my girl friend almost everyday, except Sunday. Her dad took us to this bar and grill place to eat. I can't remember what it was called but wow probably the best cheeseburger I have ever ate hands down. 

Sunday, the last day of break I was scheduled to perform at church. This is something that I love to do but don't get to do it anymore because I live in Muncie now. Anyways me and my brother performed a song called "Washed by the Water" by a band named Needtobreathe. The story behind this song for me is insane. I was at a 3 day concert, call it the Christian Woodstock like many people do, its called Ichthus. The band needtobreathe was playing this song washed by the water. Bo the singer was moving into the chorus with his strong southern vocals and I'm sitting in the front row with my brother bryce and we are pumped as hell. He goes through the verse and then the chorus where the first words are "Even when the rain falls..." and I kid you not, as soon as he sang those words the clouds opened up and it started to rain. I don't think I was the only one that noticed the smirk on Bo's face. I couldn't tell if he was amazed or just surprised by the irony of the situation. But that moment changed the way I live and thought ever since. And if you couldn't tell God was working right then and there at that moment then you are crazy. Especially with the fact that hundreds of people gave their life to Christ that day, it was amazing. If you have never gone and don't mind sleeping in a tent for a few nights then this is a must go. I've been a countless number of times and it never gets old. Click here for their website and info on it and please watch their promo video on the front page.

Thanks for listening and click here for the video of Bryce and I singing at church. enjoy.

Peace and love,
Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment