Sunday, March 29, 2009

So I got into a fight...






So I got into a fight last night. To start off I just want to say I'm not the confrontational type of guy. I'll watch someone fight but the chances of me jumping in or starting one is slim to none. Last night was an exception though. Here's my story...and a picture of my jacked up ribs

My friends and I decided to leave the party that we were at and head to a frat house where we were to meet some other friends of ours. Little did I know that we had to know a brother in the frat so that we could get in. The three people I was with did know a brother and so did I. Little did I know that the brother I knew was suspended from the frat so I couldn't get in. No big deal I thought i'll just go home or find something else to do as it was already early into Sunday morning. While I was walking away a kid my size or maybe a tad bigger came up to me and got in my face. He kept saying "P**** you couldn't get in", over and over again. This didn't bother me, I was just thinking this guy is so trashed I'll just walk away no big deal he doesn't know what he doing. As I start to walk away he gets in my face again, this time he shoves me knocking me back a few feet. Now this is the part where now my safety is in jeopardy so I have to defend myself. I rear back and punched the guy in the face. He had a look of anger and shock in his face as he starting to come at me throwing punches, only landing a few to my ribs before I locked up his hands and tried to take him to the ground. Before we got to the ground 3 guys, I'm guessing from the frat, came and broke up the scuffle and telling me to get out of there. I was having a really really good night until then, probably the best night I've had in awhile. But this kid had to go and ruin it (and my shoes because it was raining and muddy). I felt a cross between pissed off and accomplishment that I didn't let this kid tear me up. Now like I said I don't fight and don't condone fighting unless done in a ring or and octagon with officials, gloves, and the works. But when safety is in jeopardy I always believe in self defense no matter what the situation . 

Peace and love (and stay safe haha),

Nathan

1 comment:

  1. Ouch!
    Sounds like you have self control but sometimes that just isnt enough, is it?
    Be careful. don't let someone ruin things for you.
    Continue to walk away when you can.

    ReplyDelete