Sunday, March 1, 2009

Cold day? How bout some coffee?

As I'm sitting here in the university library, waiting for my english group to arrive i realize how glad I am that I'm not outside anymore. The weather channel said that the temperature is 22 degrees. So I sit here laptop in front of me and coffee in hand. Now one thing that I've been doing for the past 2 years or so I haven't really noticed until today. Whenever it is cold outside I have to get coffee. I don't know why but I just do. The weird thing is, is that I used to hate coffee. I only really started drinking it a 2 or 3 years ago thanks to my good friend tyler who opened my eyes. Tyler is a professional drummer who used to live in my hometown but now lives in the musical confines of Nashville Tennessee. Tyler has toured the world and I mean literally the world (Europe, Russia, Middle East,South America) playing with famous bands from all over the United States. Some of his most recent journeys include going to Iraq with country singer Carly Goodwin to play for the troops. Another adventure he played for a christian band called Circleslide who he just left after a few years of playing with them. He's a great person, a great christian, and someone I definitely look up to. Anyways back to the coffee. Since T.O. (thats what I call him) lives far away and travels so much its very rare that I get to see him. So when I do we always make the trip to the all so money consuming Star-bucks. This is how I got hooked on coffee. I'm a Star-bucks guy hands down, but I'll drink anything really. I'm usually a caffeinated guy too but the coffee on campus here gives me the shakes for some reason so I had to get my own coffee maker and make it myself. The point is though that I love coffee, it just brightens the coldest and gloomiest days. 

Nathan 

No comments:

Post a Comment